Monday, 29 October 2012

Noisy@Night.


The Turtles seem to have moved out further offshore from the jetty but 2 were seen very close by briefly today. I managed to see 3 yesterday but all far to distant. 

There are now plenty of these flying fox fruit bats around at the moment. I reckon around 30 give or take a few either side. They are noisy that is for sure and I remember them being here last year around this time. They will stay here raid the fig tree and then the fruit tress and once all of their food source has gone then they will also be gone to raid the other islands that are nearby. This is the first opportunity I have had to photograph bats at night and so found it a little tricky to begin but with I do intend to try again over the next few nights. 

Had a small rain shower briefly this afternoon and so wonder if this recent good spell of weather is about to come to an end.


1 comment:

  1. The bats are cute and not a shade of grey.....well done! B xx

    ReplyDelete