Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Sun and Migrants.


Had a stroll out to a favoured valley this afternoon and with the warmth of the sun and some true migrants made it feel true spring like. A pair of Wheatears, the first of the year for me were much appreciated, a single Willow Warbler singing added to ambience with Chiffchaffs also singing from what appeared to be every tree. 


Firecrests are just every where at the moment and I just cant help but click away at these Forest Flamers and they make Goldcrests look so drab. 




Arriving at the valley I decided to take a seat in order to have a cuppa whilst enjoying the view, this is a favoured valley of mine where I tend to get a fair few Merlin sightings throughout the winter period and today, yet again there was a perched bird, this time a female just looking over the valley. 

Lapwing are now on territory in most places but hearing Snipe drumming really is somethig that bit special especially when they are right over head at dusk just as I was starting my return walk. Sightings of Woodcocks are becoming more frequent as the spring snow-balls in time and size. 




No comments:

Post a Comment