Another visit to Middlebere was had and the Stilt Sandpiper was present showing closeby at times but always brief as the waders were being spooked by the presence of both Peregrine and Marsh Harrier I did manage to observe and record some colour rings on the Avocets with combinations as per below. Sika Deer are becoming more vocal and more visual.
1) Right Leg-green over yellow, left leg- green over green
2) Right leg-green over yellow, left leg-white over yellow
3) Right leg-orange over yellow, left leg-yellow over green flag
4) Right leg-green over blue, left leg-yellow over grey (could be a faded / stained white)
5) Right leg- red over yellow (with alphanumeric X) left leg- single white.